These vegan kelp noodles are phenomenal! I absolutely love pasta but to maintain a fit figure, I can’t eat it all the time. Instead, I like to find ways to get creative and make pasta-like dishes. These pesto kelp noodles topped with mushrooms are the perfect way to satisfy that pasta craving, without all the carbs! They have only 1g of carb and are a great source of calcium and iron. If you prefer to keep this meal raw, leave out the mushrooms.
Vegan Kelp Noodles with Pesto
- 1 package of Kelp noodles (I use Sea Tangle)
- 1/2 lemon
For The Pesto:
- 3 cups basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For The Mushrooms:
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- STEP 1. Wash kelp noodles in cold water and trim them with kitchen scissors. Soak noodles in a large bowl filled with water and the juice of half a lemon for 24 hours in the fridge.
- STEP 2. The next day, take kelp noodles out of the fridge and drain. Combine all of the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Mix the pesto with kelp noodles and set aside until ready to serve. The noodles will soften by letting them sit for an hour or two with the pesto sauce.
- STEP 3. In a large skillet, heat a table spoon of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes until tender. Top kelp noodles with mushrooms and serve.