I love these zucchini fritters so much! They can be served as a side to a meal and are just as delicious for breakfast or brunch. These fritters are packed with vitamin C and fiber. Studies have showed that eating a diet high in fiber can improve digestion, support bowel movement and maintain a healthy weight. Try serving these zucchini fritters during Hanukkah for a healthier take on the traditional fried potato latkes! These can also be baked in the oven or air fried.
Zucchini Patties With Zesty Yogurt
Makes 6 patties
- 2 zucchini, grated
- (6 oz.) baby spinach, sautéed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grass-fed Greek plain yogurt or coconut yogurt
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Grate the zucchini and sprinkle with sea salt. The salt will help to draw out water from the zucchini. Squeeze out excess water very well using your hands or cheese cloth.
- STEP 2. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except for olive oil) with the zucchini and mix well.
- STEP 3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add large spoonfuls of the mixture to form a patty. Cook each patty for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- STEP 4. To make the zesty yogurt, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- STEP 5. Serve patties with yogurt and grated lime zest.