I love this silky puréed soup during the colder winter months. I make this soup at the first sign of a cold as it is packed with immune boosting nutrients. This green soup is full of Iron, Vitamin C, B, Copper, and Calcium. The garlic can reduce the symptoms of a cold and ginger brings down inflammation in the body. This makes about 6-8 servings, so half of it can easily be frozen in mason jars.
Super Immune Boosting Soup
- 3 cups bone broth (vegetable broth can be used for vegans)
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced in 4 pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp Greek yogurt (optional)
- STEP 1. Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil.
- STEP 2. Add all of the ingredients.
- STEP 3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- STEP 4. In small batches, transfer the vegetables to a high-powered blender. Add broth as you go, depending on how thick or thin you want the soup to be. For thicker, add less broth, and for thinner add more broth. Blend until smooth.
- STEP 5. Pour the soup back into the pot and add the lemon juice and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- STEP 6. Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!