Our health lies in our gut and 80% of our immune system is located in the digestive system. Probiotics are live bacteria that provide healthy gut flora and restore our health. They are essential for digestion of food, absorption of nutrients and maintain a healthy bowel movement. Probiotic means “for life” or “promoting life”. Without well functioning gut flora, the gut becomes unprotected and malnourished. Stress, medications and antibiotics kill most of the good bacteria in the gut. ALWAYS eat probiotic rich foods and make sure to take a probiotic supplement if you are taking antibiotics. They will balance the intestinal flora and help to maintain a healthy gut.
Benefits of Probiotics:
- Associated with overgrowth of bad bacteria, probiotics can restore the balance in your gut bacteria.
2. Improves Bowel Movements
- Good bacteria prevents stools from being too loose or too hard and protect against travel bugs, such as traveler’s diarrhea.
3. Supports Women’s Health
- If vaginal balance is disrupted, infections can occur such as yeast & urinary track infections. Probiotics can help to main tail a healthy vaginal bacteria by making it difficult for bad bacteria to survive.
4. Optimizes Digestion
- Helps to digest and absorb the nutrients from the foods you eat.
5. Strengthens Immunity
- Probiotics cause your beneficial gut bacteria to flourish, which improves overall physical and mental wellbeing.
6. Heals IBS
- The live cultures in probiotics will produce natural bowel movements and reduce bloating.
7. Pretty Smile
- Probiotics kill the bacteria that causes tooth decay and reduces bleeding gums.
8. Healthy Babies
- During a natural delivery, the baby picks up the good bacteria from the mother. These bacterias are not transmitted when a cesarean section is performed and this may cause infants to have allergies and lower their immune system.
Natural Forms of Probiotics:
- raw and organic fermented kefir/yogurt, don’t drink pasteurized milk
Ancient cultures have always eaten fermented foods and growing up in Bulgaria I was always exposed to them. Many people don’t enjoy the taste of fermented foods and they choose to take a probiotic supplement. Supplements work differently for everyone, however the two I recommend are Dr Ohirra’s Professional Formula and Ultimate Flora 100 Billion.
TOP 7 PROBIOTIC KILLERS
- GMO Foods
- Tap Water (chlorine and fluoride)
- Whole Grains (gluten)
- Toxins and Pesticides