Zucchini noodles are a great substitute to heavy-carb pastas, and this dish is hearty and filling without all the carbs. The mushrooms are full of antioxidants, which help to strengthen the immune system and the lentils are a great source of iron, protein and fiber. This nutritious meal is so easy to make, even the meat eaters will love it!
Zoodles With Lentil Bolognese
- 1 can organic lentils
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized
- grated Parmesan cheese (vegan cheese can be used)
- STEP 1. Heat a table spoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- STEP 2. Add the onions, carrots and garlic to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- STEP 3. Add the mushroom and cook until soft, about a minute or two.
- STEP 4. Add the lentils and tomato sauce to the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 5. Turn off heat and add the parsley and basil to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 6. In a separate skillet, heat a table spoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the zoodles, until soft.
- STEP 7. Plate zoodles and top with lentil bolognese.