The ultimate NY strip steak salad! This salad is ideal for a busy weeknight on a summer evening. It is light, yet filling and goes well with a glass of Brunello! Enjoy xx
Arugula Salad with Mushrooms & Steak
- 6 oz. NY strip steak
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- 2 springs rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups arugula
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- cooking spray
- 2 cups mushrooms (mixed)
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
- STEP 1. Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
- STEP 2. Heat avocado oil in a skillet over high heat and add the steak. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until brown. Reduce heat to medium, add butter, rosemary, and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute, while basting the steak with the sauce. Remove from pan and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- STEP 3. Toss arugula with lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Plate between two serving plates.
- STEP 4. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and sauté mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, until brown. Top the arugula salad with sliced steak, mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Add hot sauce or extra lemon for more flavor.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: