I love heart of palm linguine – definitely one of my go-to recipes during the summer! Palmini noodles are purely made out of hearts of palm and are a great low carb option for those watching their figures. A serving provides you with 4g carbs, 20 calories, no sugar and they are gluten free.
Heart of Palm Linguine
- 1 can heart of palm linguine
- 2 cups coconut milk (or any milk)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- chili flakes
- STEP 1. Rinse the palmini linguine with cold water and drain. Place in a large glass container and pour 2 cups of coconut milk or milk of choice and refrigerate between 1 hour to 12 hours. If you are in a rush 30-60min is fine, but if I have time, I soak them for longer. The milk will neutralize the acidity of the palmini and will remove the veggie taste. Drain and rinse before cooking.
- STEP 2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- STEP 3. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add spinach and sauté for a minute. Add marinara sauce and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook covered for 5-8 minutes.
- STEP 4. Add linguine, basil, salt and pepper. Toss well using tongs and turn off heat. Serve with a little bit of parmesan cheese and chili flakes.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: