I am a hugeeee fan of eggs! Not only do they taste so delicious, but they are also extremely nutritious. They are great for building muscle – – – high in protein, which will keep you feeling fuller for longer & eggs stabilize blood sugar levels. The most important thing I learned in nutrition school at IIN, is the importance of bio- individuality. The theory that one person’s food is another person’s poison. We all need to stay in tune with our bodies and figure what diet works for us. I find that for me eggs agree with my organism and I have anywhere from 5 to 7 eggs a week. Eggs actually improve the good cholesterol levels and that’s why the yolks should be eaten! They are an excellent source of energy and the yolks are a nutrition power house. The yolks contain fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as calcium, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B6 & B12! Vitamin B12 helps the body metabolize fat, and studies have shown people who eat a protein rich breakfast such as eggs, tend to be slimmer!!! I truly believe eggs should be included as part of a well balanced diet and this dish is bursting with flavor and good for you nutrients. It is ideal to make for a weekend brunch with friends and family, trust me, they will literary lick their fingers! 🙂
Baked Eggs With Spinach & Mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs grass-fed butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- STEP 1. Preheat oven at 400 F / 200 C.
- STEP 2. Heat butter and olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and mushrooms for 2-3minutes.
- STEP 3. Add minced garlic, spinach and cook for about a minute, (spinach cooks very fast) and then add the heavy cream and stir well. Turn off heat.
- STEP 4. Transfer the mixture in a baking dish, I used a Pyrex 8 x 8 baking dish and with a spoon form 4 nests to crack the eggs in.
- STEP 5. Bake on 400 F for 7-10 minutes, until slightly firm.
- STEP 6. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!