The flavors in this salad are absolutely outstanding! I created this one day when I had extra quinoa and lentils leftover in the fridge. It turned out so delicious, it is now one of my family’s favorite salads. Lentils are high in fiber and protein, which will keep you fully satisfied. Pair this salad with grilled salmon or chicken and you got yourself the perfect lunch or dinner.
Lentil Salad with Arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 boiled egg, sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Optional Add Ins:
- goat cheese
- kalamata olives
- STEP 1. Cook quinoa and lentils as per directions.
- STEP 2. In a sauce pan, boil water and cook egg to your liking. I recommend 7 minutes. Once the egg is cooked, peel and slice it in 4.
- STEP 3. In a large salad bowl, mix arugula, quinoa, and lentils.
- STEP 4. Add the avocado, tomatoes and dressing. Mix well.
- STEP 5. Top the salad with sliced egg and scallions.