This beef and broccoli recipe is truly delicious! I chose to serve it over cauliflower rice to lighten up the dish. The sauce is a nice mixture of sweet, spicy and tangy! I used arrowroot to thicken the sauce, tapioca can be used as well. When I prepare this dish, I usually use ½ lbs of steak because I like to make the broccoli the star of the dish! Mushrooms and carrots can be added to this recipe and if you are vegan, skip the ghee and steak and sub with tofu or tempeh! The non stick pans I used to make this dish are by Phantom Chef. I love their line because they create a variety of nontoxic, safe and extremely durable pans to alleviate any harmful effects to the environment or to you. They are PTFE and PFOA free, and the food you cook in them will be chemical free! The coating is with ceramic, and oven safe – up to 350 degrees. You can visit their website to pick out a pair that is perfect for you.
Beef and Broccoli with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
For The Sauce:
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp Swoon or honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- Chopped scallions
- White sesame seeds
- STEP 1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor. Pulse until the consistency looks like rice.
- STEP 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the cauliflower rice. No oil is necessary since the cauliflower will release a bit of its water. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- STEP 3. Cut the broccoli into florets and steam them for 5 minutes. You can skip this step if you like the broccoli more crunchy and just add it raw at the end to cook with the steak.
- STEP 4.Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the ghee and olive oil. Add the flank steak, season with salt and pepper and sauté on each side for 2 minutes.
- STEP 5. In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Pour the sauce over the meat. Add the broccoli and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- STEP 6. Serve cauliflower rice topped with beef and broccoli. Sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame over the dish and enjoy!