I got the inspiration for this salad from my lovely grandma. She loves cabbage and always cooks with it. I must admit, I should start adding it more to my recipes because it is really delicious. There is so much flavor and crunch in this salad, it is ideal to serve along grilled chicken or a burger.
- 2 cups white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- STEP 1. Add cabbage and carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2. In a smaller bowl, add garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
- STEP 3. Add the dressing to the cabbage bowl and toss until well combined. Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill. Serve on its own or paired with your favorited protein.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: