This is my go to for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend BBQ. Growing up, my parents often made this dish for dinner during the summer. The marinade for the chicken is bursting with flavor and the tzatziki can last in the fridge for a couple of days.
Grilled Chicken With Tzatziki
- 4 organic chicken breasts, skinless
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp Fage non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
If you are sensitive to dairy, you can try my vegan tzatziki here.
- STEP 1. In a glass bowl, whisk together the marinade for the chicken.
- STEP 2. Pound the chicken fillets to an even thickness. This will tenderize the meat and ensures even cooking.
- STEP 3. Season the chicken on both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- STEP 4. Place the chicken in a ziplock bag, pour the marinade over it and marinade for a few hours in the fridge. The longer it marinades, the better it will taste!
- STEP 5. Preheat grill on high heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- STEP 6. Serve chicken with a side of tzatzki!
- STEP 1. In a large glass bowl, mix all of the ingredients well.
- STEP 2. Taste to see if its “too garlicky” and add another spoon of yogurt if you wish.
- STEP 3. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!