Fall is all about bringing people together around delicious food. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I know many of you are already worried about packing on extra pounds during this lovely holiday. You don’t have to stress out because I got you covered! For the next few weeks, each Monday I will post a new recipe that you and your family can enjoy on Thanksgiving day. This carrot purée is one of my favorite side dishes. The cumin and ginger blend extremely well with the carrot and it is completely guilt free.
- 2 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 potato, cut into large pieces
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter (substitute butter with olive oil for vegetarian option)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. In a pan, bring water to a boil and add the carrots and potato. Boil for about 20 minutes until soft.
- STEP 2. Drain the water out and transfer the carrots and potato to a food processor.
- STEP 3. Add the butter, ginger, cumin and blend until smooth.