Cauliflower crust pizza is a great alternative to regular pizza crust. It is higher in fiber, lower in calories and carbs. One regular slice of cheese pizza can be around 500 calories and contain 35 grams of carbs. One slice of cauliflower crust pizza is 120 calories and only 6g carbs! As you see, this is a huge difference. The crust tastes so delicious, you will never want to eat regular pizza ever again. If you like, you can buy a large cauliflower, and make 2 or 3 pizza crusts out of it. Freeze them and have them on a day when you don’t feel like cooking much.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Place a large non stick skillet over medium heat and add the grated cauliflower. Stir with a spatula for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- STEP 3. In a large mixing bowl add the cauliflower, parmesan cheese, egg, and the spices. Mix well with your hands.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the cauliflower mixture over it. Spread it out in a circle to form the pizza crust. Flatten out any uneven areas and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer the crust to a metal cooling rack and discard the parchment paper. This will keep it crunchy and will prevent it from getting soggy. Let cool completely until you apply the toppings.