I have been getting a ton of questions on what products I use for my skin so I decided to put together this post and share some of my all time favorite staples! Many of you have asked me if I use self tanning lotions – I don’t at all. I find them to be a bit smelly and really don’t like getting my white sheets stained! However, during the winter months, every once in awhile I will get a spray tan with Natalie at Roman K Salon on 5th Avenue or with Daniela in London.
I have an addiction to buying skincare products. All of my bathrooms are fully stocked and so is my linen closet. I know, it is bad!! I keep telling myself, don’t buy anything until you finish the ones you have but I just can’t help myself. Anyways, from trying out so many different products over the years, the ones selected below are definitely my favorite and the ones I use the most.
My Favorite Skincare Products
- Tracie Martyn Cleanser – I have been using this cleanser since I can remember. I love it so much, it gets my face clean in a minute and doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry like many other cleansers have in the past.
- Tracie Martyn Enzyme Exfoliant – a re-texturizing face peel that cleanses and revives sun damaged skin. This gentle face scrub uses natural exfoliators like pineapple enzymes and alpha-beta fruit barks acids to refine and revive dull and damaged skin.
- Georgette Klinger Exfoliating Scrub – this is a great option for those who are on a budget. Buffs away dead skin cells to reveal newer, glowing skin. Aloe and Coconut soothe your complexion, while St. John’s Wort nourishes the skin.
- Tracie Martyn Firming Serum – This ultra-moisturizing, pure and potent, all-natural serum uses organic ingredients combined with nutraceuticals to help promote strength and elasticity, particularly under the eyes where skin can begin to thin with age.
- La Prairie SPF 30 Day Cream – love, love, love! I just love using one product that solves two problems. Day cream, plus SPF – it is perfect for me as I really don’t like to layer too much on my skin. (You will never catch me wearing foundation). Also, what I love about this day cream is that it doesn’t make my skin feel oily at all. I’ve tried organic lines and my friends always brag about La Mer but they don’t work on my skin. Every person’s skin is different so you must find what works for you!
- La Prairie Caviar Eye Cream – this eye cream is simply the best! I have been using this for a year and find that my eye area looks smoother and softer. It is quite expensive so I have included another option below.
- Cosmedix Elite Eye Doctor – this cream was recommended to me by my dermatologist to help reduce dark circles under my eyes. It also targets sun spots around the eye area. It brightens up my overall look and the cost is much lower than the La Prairie eye cream.
- Dr. Levy Serum – another fantastic serum that doesn’t leave my skin too sticky or oily. It activates epidermal stem cells, moisturizes the skin and increases skin elasticity. I usually apply it before my moisturizer.
- Biologique Recherche Creme Masque Vernix – I use this mask right after I apply serum and I leave it on overnight. It always makes my skin feel so smooth.
- Lerosett – This clay mask is amazing. I have tried so many different masks and this is the best one so far! My skin feels tighter INSTANTLY. It is great for acne prone skin and breakouts.
- Ling Spot Treatment – I get facials with Michiko at Ling when I am in NYC and I swear by this spot treatment. Whenever I feel a pimple coming out, I apply it and always does the trick.
- Skin Roller – I am a huge believer of using a derma roller at home to stimulate collagen production. Skin Renewal minimizes fine lines, wrinkles and scars, makes skin firmer and smoother, improves elasticity and reduces enlarged pores.
My Daily Skincare Regimen:
- When I wake up, I wash my face with Tracie Martyn cleanser then I apply Tracie Martyn firming serum and La Prairie SPF 30 Day Cream.
- I always make sure to wash my face in the evenings using a cleanser, then I apply serum + Sleeping Mask + Eye Cream.
I get facials every 2 months. In NYC, I go to Joie at JTAV and Michiko at Ling. They usually creates a facial tailored to my skin and sometimes I get a diamond peel. In London, I get the laser genesis or oxygen facial at KX Spa. I also see Dr. Vali at LMS which is another custom facial that uses laser to produce collagen.