I got inspired to make this recipe because my mom and grandma would often make it using potatoes. I love to recreate family favorites with a healthy twist and make it more Nedi Approved. The cauliflower lowers the carb content and the flavor is out of this world. Serve this Greek recipe at your next party as an appetizer and watch people devour it!
Cauliflower Feta Patties
Makes 12 Patties
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp low-fat feta cheese
- 4 tbsp low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 GG fiber crackers, pulverized
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
For the Sauce:
- 1 (5.3 oz) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- STEP 1. Preheat over to 400 F.
- STEP 2. Steam cauliflower for 10 minutes so it’s a little soft and pulse in a food processor. Transfer to a big mixing bowl. In the same mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Form patties using your hands and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- STEP 5. Mix Greek yogurt with garlic, mint, parsley and serve with cauliflower patties.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: