Ever since I discovered Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi, all I want to do is test out new recipes. This cauliflower gnocchi bolognese recipe is so decadent and perfect for the cold weather. The combination of nutmeg, cinnamon and red wine is to die for! It adds a warming feeling and the aroma makes you feel super cozy. Ideal for a night in with your loved ones.
Cauliflower Gnocchi Bolognese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- STEP 1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, jalapeño, carrot, onion and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
- STEP 2. Add the ground beef, nutmeg, cinnamon and cumin. Sauté for about 5 minutes and make sure to break up the meat so there are no large chunks. You can use two forks or a metal potato masher.
- STEP 3. Add the tomato sauce, wine, and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add the fresh basil, salt and pepper.
- STEP 4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add the frozen package of gnocchi and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until brown and soft. Add the sauce to the gnocchi, mix well and serve. Top with grated cheese and basil if you like.
Tools for this recipe