These Cheesy Egg GGs have become one of the most popular recipe that I am getting tagged in on Instagram. So many of you are loving it so I wanted to share the exact recipe with all of my readers and those who aren’t on Instagram. My mom used to make this when I was a kid on a piece of toast but for this recipe I use GG crackers instead. This is one of my favorite ways to top GGs and they are perfect to bring on the plane when you have a long trip ahead! You can also try making it on my gluten-free, high-fiber bread!
Cheesy Egg GGs
- 4 plain gluten-free GG crackers
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp goat cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella
- 5 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- red crushed pepper
- chopped green onions
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place 4 GG crackers on top. Mix the eggs with turmeric, black pepper and cheese until it is a thick consistency so the eggs aren’t too runny.
- STEP 3. Spread the egg mixture on each cracker evenly. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and your favorite toppings.
- STEP 4. Bake for 8 minutes and enjoy!
Nedi’s Tip: Make sure the consistency is thick enough so when you spread the egg mixture, it is not runny. Add more cheese to make it thicker. You can also add other veggies to the mix like spinach or bell peppers.
Tools for this recipe