These Cheesy Egg GGs have become one of the most popular recipe that I am getting tagged in on Instagram. So many of you are going crazy for it so I wanted to share the exact recipe with all of my readers and those who aren’t on Instagram. My mom used to make this when I was a kid on a piece of bread but I use GG crackers instead.
Four Scandinavian bran crisp fiber crackers contain only 80 calories and a whopping 16g of belly filling fiber! They are the perfect swap for a carb loaded bagel (1 large bagel has the same amount of calories as 6 slices of bread). GG crackers are not gluten-free, but due to their high content of fiber they are very low in gluten and net carbs. Unless you have a gluten allergy, you should be absolutely fine eating GGs and enjoying your weight-loss journey. I myself avoid gluten as much as possible, but since I am not gluten intolerant or celiac, I have no problem digesting these miracle crackers. My stomach has never been flatter! This is one of my favorite ways to top my GGs and they are perfect to bring on the plane when you have a long trip ahead!
Cheesy Egg GGs
- 4 plain GG crackers
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella
- 5 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- sprinkle of red crushed pepper
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F/ 150 C.
- STEP 2. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place 4 GG crackers on top. Mix the eggs and cheese until it is a thick consistency so the eggs aren’t too runny.
- STEP 3. Spread the egg mixture on each cracker evenly. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and red crushed pepper seeds.
- STEP 4. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Nedi’s Tip: Make sure the consistency is thick enough so when you spread the egg mixture, it is not runny. Add more cheese to make it thicker. You can also add other veggies to the mix like spinach or bell peppers.
Tools for this recipe