I created the recipe for these cheesy zucchini breadsticks when I was finishing my masters at NYU two years ago. It reminds me of the breadsticks we used to order from pizza places when I was younger, only much lighter! I have tried this recipe with organic wheat bran and pulverized GG crackers – both ways taste good! Dip the breadsticks with warmed up marinara sauce and enjoy!
Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 GG crackers, pulverized or organic wheat bran
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 egg
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp red crushed chili flakes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 450F.
- STEP 2. Grate the zucchini and place in a colander to release some water. Using a cheese cloth or paper towels, ring out excess water.
- STEP 3. In a large glass bowl, add pulverized GGs, cheese, parsley, egg, zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- STEP 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the the zucchini mixture evenly into a large rectangle.
- STEP 5. Bake on 450 F for 15 minutes. Take out the zucchini bread and flip upside down onto a cooling rack, discard the parchment paper. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, oregano and chili flakes and place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden. Using a pizza cutter, slice the zucchini bread into strips and serve with marinara sauce.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: