This is a bright and vibrant green soup that can be served on a warm summer day. It is light, refreshing, and delicious! Vegans can skip out the lobster and just enjoy the pea soup on its own.
Chilled Pea Soup With Lobster
For The Soup:
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
For The Lobster:
- 1 cup fresh lobster meat, cooked
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Asian chili paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful of fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Blend the peas and vegetable broth in a blender until smooth. Slowly pour in the olive oil and the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- STEP 2. Chill the soup in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- STEP 3. Prepare the lobster by whisking all of the ingredients and marinating the lobster meat in the mixture.
- STEP 4. Fill small cups or serving bowls with the chilled pea soup and top with a tablespoon of spicy lobster.