I love creating healthy dishes and showing my clients that eating healthy does not have to be boring or flavorless! This Chinese Chicken with Veggies is a comforting meal packed with flavor and easy to whip up on a busy weeknight. Instead of serving the chicken with the typical white rice that you get when you order take out, I decided to use cauliflower rice to cut back on extra calories and carbs.
Chinese Chicken with Veggies
- 2 chicken breast, butterflied and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 carrots, sliced in circles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts
- 1 (8 oz.) can bamboo shoots
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bag cauliflower rice
For The Sauce:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fiber gold syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp tapioca (for thickener)
- STEP 1. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper, and set aside while you chop the veggies.
- STEP 2. Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, and add in the ginger and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds and add in the broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper. Stir well and add a splash of the sauce. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3. In a small glass bowl, add the tapioca and add a splash of the sauce. Mix well. Add this mixture to the pan and add the remaining of the sauce. Stir well and add the water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Serve chicken and veggies over cauliflower rice.
Tools/Products Used For Recipe