Chocolate mousse is a great dessert to serve during the Christmas dinner party. It is elegant, light, and everyone gets their own serving. This mousse is dairy-free and tastes so decadent without any unnecessary ingredients. Everyone will love it!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp arrowroot (tapioca can be used as well)
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut cream
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp honey or sukrin fiber gold syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- STEP 1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place each in two separate bowls.
- STEP 2. Add arrowroot and 3 tbsp coconut cream to the bowl with egg yolks. Whisk well.
- STEP 3. In a medium size sauce pan, add the egg yolk mixture, the rest of the coconut cream, honey or fiber syrup, and vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer. Whisk constantly for two minutes until it thickens. Turn off heat. Pour half of this vanilla cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- STEP 4. Add chocolate to the sauce pan and let it melt while stirring with a spatula. Allow chocolate cream and vanilla cream to cool down.
- STEP 5. Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites in a glass bowl using a hand mixture, until they turn white and fluffy. Add half of the egg white mixture to the vanilla cream and the other half to the chocolate cream. Stir with a spatula.
- STEP 6. Using serving glasses, first layer the chocolate cream and then add the vanilla on top. Repeat this in all glasses. Top with a raspberry and enjoy!