Brownies used to be a favorite of mine as a child, but due to the high-carb and calorie content I don’t eat them as often as I would like. Not the case with this healthy batch of brownies! These chocolate zucchini brownies are ideal for those who are watching their figure. I am not saying eat the entire pan or make them weekly but it is definitely a nice, healthier treat to enjoy on occasion. The batter is mainly made out of grated zucchini and almond flour. Zucchini is one of the most hydrating vegetables as it is 95% water based. Almond flour makes a great substitute for high-carb flour. Wheat flour contains 73 grams net carbs compared to 10 grams net carbs in 1 cup of almond flour. I have also cut down the calories and carbs by using Sukrin Fiber Gold Syrup in place of maple syrup. This fiber syrup has 3 grams net carbs per two tablespoons and is perfect for baking. Enjoy these lower carb brownies that I love so much!
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fiber gold syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Lily’s chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
For The Chocolate Ganache
- 2 tbsp coconut cream or milk
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp roasted walnuts, chopped
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- STEP 2. Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- STEP 3. Grate the zucchini on the smallest blade of the grater so it looks like purée. Use a colander to drain out the water.
- STEP 4. In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, coconut butter, coconut oil, eggs, fiber syrup and vanilla extract.
- STEP 5. Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, the chocolate chips and sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- STEP 6. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool down before topping with ganache.
- STEP 7. Melt chocolate and mix with coconut cream in a microwave or on the stove. Pour over the brownies and top with roasted walnuts. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
Tools for this recipe