This is such a delicious and nutritious superfood drink that will leave you feeling alert just as if you had your morning Joe. Cacao is the purest form of chocolate and this drink will definitely lift you up. Thanks to its natural stimulants, cacao activates parts of the brain linked with attention while suppressing distraction! It has many vital phytonutrients, including essential vitamins and minerals, good fats, fiber, and fuel for the body. This hot chocolate will enhance your mood, improve brain function, boost immunity and improve overall health.
The recipe lists ingredients per cup, but you can easily double to make more than one serving. I recommend making this in the morning or at lunch time as the cacao may keep the kids awake!
Cozy Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp raw cacao
- 1 droplet of liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 date
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- coconut flakes for garnish
- STEP 1. In a sauce pan, bring milk to almost a boil.
- STEP 2. Add cacao, stevia, cinnamon, date and coconut oil to the sauce pan. Stir for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- STEP 3. Place mixture in a blender and blend well.
- STEP 4. Serve warm and top with coconut flakes.