I created this Croque Madame Waffle for the F-Factor x Healthy with Nedi Step 1 Recipes Ebook. The full ebook features 39 recipes spanning across breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, side dishes, soups, salads, delicious cocktails, and a list of Step 1 desserts to help you look and feel your best. I love creating healthy dishes and showing my clients that eating healthy does not have to be boring or flavorless! This waffle is high in fiber + protein, and low in net carbs. The combination of fiber and protein will keep you feeling full up until lunch time!
Croque Madame Waffle
- 4 plain GG crackers, pulverized
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 tbsp shredded low-fat mozzarella or vegan mozzarella
- 1 poached egg
- chili flakes
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pulverized GGs, egg whites, sea salt and parmesan cheese. Whisk until well combined.
- STEP 3. Set the waffle maker to a low-medium setting. Pour the GG mixture and cook until the light goes green.
- STEP 4. Transfer waffle to a baking sheet and top with ham and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Top the waffle with a poached egg, chili flakes, and chives.
Tools/Products Used For Recipe