Most of us can agree that there are only a few things better than a good coffee to kickstart your day. At the same time, there’s nothing worse than a sad looking coffee when the plant milk you bought doesn’t froth or mix well! Below are two of my favorite plant-based products that froth wonderfully and will take your morning cup of Joe to the next level. Also, in this recipe I use Swoon – a monk fruit sweetener that is 0 calories, 0 sugar, 0 carbs. It doesn’t spike up the blood sugar levels and it tastes so delicious. Feel free to use honey to sweeten if you prefer.
This is a cult favorite as, in addition to almonds, it contains only oats, sea salt and coconut cream. You can imagine how beautifully this concoction would froth and compliment the taste of a dark roast. One cup serving contains 114 cal, 4g carbs and 2g fiber. All Califia Farm products are USDA certified organic and GMO free.
The hazelnut flavour of this creamer adds a delicious, roasted flavour to my coffee and takes it to a whole new level. Like Nut Pod’s creamer, it is made using a blend of coconut and almonds. A 2 tbsp serving contains 15 cal, 0g sugar and carbs and 1.5g fats out of which 1g is saturated fat.
Dairy Free Cappuccino
- 1 shot espresso or 4 oz coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Swoon monk fruit sweetener
- sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- STEP 1. Prepare the espresso or coffee and pour into a coffee cup.
- STEP 2. Froth the almond milk in a frother. My favorite is this Nespresso Frother.
- STEP 3. Add swoon sweetener to the coffee and mix with a spoon.
- STEP 4. Add frothed milk on top of coffee, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and enjoy!
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: