This is the ultimate cheese sandwich that the whole family will love, especially the little ones! Broiled cheese toast is a favorite childhood memory for my. I loved waking up to this delicious breakfast prepared by my lovely mom… I am sure your kiddos will become big fans of it and you will feel like super-mom for having breakfast ready in under 5 minutes!
Egg and Cheese Toast
- 4 slices of gluten-free bread
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup Bulgarian feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter (I like to use Kerry Gold)
- STEP 1. Set oven to a high broil.
- STEP 2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and drizzle a little olive oil so the toast doesn’t stick.
- STEP 3. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the cheese.
- STEP 4. Slightly butter the pieces of toast and spread the cheese mixture over them. Top with a slice of tomato.
- STEP 5. Place in the oven for 3 minutes, until golden brown.