This is a great low-carb, high in fiber and protein breakfast option. Starting off your morning with fiber and protein is the best way to ensure you stay full until lunch. These can be prepared on the weekend for easy grab and go breakfast during the week. They taste great when paired with Greek yogurt and tomatoes.
Grain-Free Spinach Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tbsp plain grass-fed Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese or vegan feta
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- plain grass-fed Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- sliced tomatoes
- lime zest
- STEP 1. Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté green onions for a minute. Add the spinach and arugula and sauté for 30 seconds until wilted. Set aside to cool and drain any excess water.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, baking soda and mix well. Add the eggs, feta, almond flour, hemp seeds, and jalapeño.
- STEP 3. Add the cooled spinach to the mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- STEP 4. Lightly grease muffin tins with coconut or olive oil and spoon in the mixture. Bake on 400 F for 20 minutes, until golden. Serve with yogurt, sliced tomatoes and lime zest.