This is a great low-carb, high in fiber and protein breakfast option. Starting off your morning with fiber and protein is the best way to ensure you stay full until lunch. These can be prepared on the weekend for easy grab and go breakfast during the week. They taste great when paired with Greek yogurt and tomatoes.
Grain-Free Spinach Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tbsp plain grass-fed Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cut grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
plain grass-fed Greek yogurt
- STEP 1. Heat a tea spoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté green onions for a minute. Add the spinach and arugula and sauté for 30 seconds until wilted. Set aside to cool and drain any excess water.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, baking soda and mix well. Add the eggs, feta, parmesan, almond flour, butter, hemp seeds, jalapeño, and the remaining 1 tea spoon of olive oil.
- STEP 3. Add the cooled spinach to the mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- STEP 4. Lightly grease muffin tins with coconut or olive oil and spoon in the mixture. Bake on 400 F for 20 minutes, until golden. Serve with Greek yogurt and lime zest.