These spooky eyeball meatballs are a must for Halloween. They are so easy to make and incredibly tasty. The turkey meat can be substituted with organic chicken. I love sneaking vegetables to meatballs. The zucchini makes them tender and the rest of the ingredients add so much flavor. The meatballs can be served on their own in a platter with a toothpick or on top of spaghetti. The choice is yours when it comes to the spaghetti – you can go for zucchini noodles, black bean spaghetti or black soy bean spaghetti. If you are going for the soy bean, make sure to purchase organic soy bean spaghetti. Soy crops are heavily sprayed with pesticides so it’s important to buy an organic brand. Enjoy this festive Halloween meal and if you like to make more Halloween Recipe, check out my blog post on 10 Halloween Hit Recipes!
Halloween Spooky Meatballs aka Zombie Eyes
- cooking spray
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 pound organic lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- Vegan mozzarella cheese, I love Miyoko’s
- Black olives, sliced in circles
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 375 F or to 190 C.
- STEP 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- STEP 3. Place the zucchini, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic in a food process. Pulse until they break into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- STEP 4. Using a cookie scooper, scoop out the meat and place the meatball on parchment paper. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
- STEP 5. Bake for 15 minutes, and take out of the oven. Top the meatballs with cut out mozzarella cheese and sliced black olives.
- STEP 6. Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
Nedi’s Tip: The meatballs can be frozen after they have cooled and stored in freezer for up to 3 months.
For The Spaghetti
- 1 package black bean spaghetti
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- STEP 1. Cook spaghetti per package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle a little olive oil on top to prevent the spaghetti from sticking.
- STEP 2. Heat tomato sauce in a pan over medium heat.
- STEP 3. Place spaghetti in a bowl, top with tomato sauce and add spooky meatballs on top!
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: