Healthy Office Snacks That Aren’t Boring
As ideal as it is to have the time to be able to cook lunches that match your #healthywithnedi approved lifestyle, sometimes our schedules just don’t give us that luxury. However, this doesn’t mean that we must turn to unhealthy, fast food alternatives. I completely understand the struggle of having to eat at your office desk and having no access to a full kitchen. This is why I have created a list of #healthywithnedi approved office snacks for those of you who are killing it at the office and can stock up in your office fridge and cabinets.
- Gluten-Free GG Crackers – GGs are filling and can be eaten with savory or sweet toppings. I would recommend leaving a package of these at your desk. You can top these crackers with spreads like lutenitsa (roasted red pepper spread), eggplant spread, hummus, pesto, taramosalata (famous Greek spread of fish roe), organic nut butter and fresh berries, all of which you can store at the office. These crackers will take 2 minutes to make and will turn a boring snack into something exciting and nutritious. In case you want to have a variety of dry cracker type items, I’d also suggest getting Flackers. They are also high in fiber and gluten-free.
- Parm Crisps – these oven baked chip alternatives make the perfect healthy office snack. They are a delicious low-carb, high protein snack.
- Skinny Pop – this popcorn has super simple ingredients, nothing artificial, no GMOs and no gluten. It is only 39 calories per cup and contains a good amount of fiber!
- Paleo Bread – another awesome option are the delicious Mikey’s English Muffins. They would make a great snack if you are able to store them in your office freezer and pop them into a toaster!
- Fruits & Veggies – I would also recommend buying fruits or veggies that can last a few days. You could pair these items with any of the spreads I mentioned earlier, put them on the GG crackers or even eat plain! These could include apples, berries, kiwis, avocados, carrots, celery, bell peppers or sundried tomatoes.
- Beans – another grocery store item that would be great to have is some sort of beans, I personally would buy organic white beans. You can pair these beans with some of the veggies I’ve mentioned and a bit of olive oil and lemon to make a healthy, filling salad or even (again) mash them up onto a GG cracker and you’ll be good to go! The great part is that you can stock up on these beans in your cabinet, they last a long time in the fridge and they will never leave you feeling hungry.
- Tempeh – is a lightly fermented soybean-based meat alternative that’s packed with protein, fiber and vitamin B12. It can be eaten raw or lightly sautéed and last a long time in the fridge, so stock up! You can chop it up in a spinach, cucumber and avocado salad, put it on a cracker with avocado and pesto or pair it with a spread like hummus!
- Julian Bakery Pro Granola – is a fantastic low-carb granola which I like to use on top of grass-fed Greek yogurt. The combination of fiber and protein will keep you feeling full for a long time.
- Hot Keto Breakfast – is ideal for a quick office breakfast when you don’t have time to eat at home. All you have to do is add hot water to the mix and top with fresh berries. This is like an oatmeal, but contains 8 grams of fiber and only 4 grams of sugar.
- Grab and Go – of course, I’d also recommend having some variety of snacks in case you truly don’t have the time to make anything and need to quickly get a boost of energy! I’d suggest getting a variety of nuts such as sprouted pili nuts, almonds or pistachios, kale chips and seaweed sheets and protein bars like Raw Rev Glo, Raw Crunch, NuGo Slim bars, which are all high in fiber with low sugar and carb content.
- Something Sweet – if you are a fan of candy bars from the office vending machines then give Choc Zero Keto Bark a try! They contain 13 grams of fiber and only 2 grams of net carbs. This little bar will satisfy your sweet craving without spiking up your blood sugar levels. You can also make chocolate truffles at home and bring them to the office. Share these yummy treats with your co-workers and they will be buying you round of drinks at happy hour!
As you can see, you don’t need to have a ton of complicated ingredients to make different and healthy dishes at the office! All you need is a few items that you can mix and match giving you different options for every meal!