Vegan Hazelnut Cookies
These hazelnut cookies are insanely delicious. Imagine the combination of something that tastes like nutella with coconut, a hint of orange and MUCH HEALTHIER! They are vegan, gluten-free, and high in fiber. Super easy to make and can last in the fridge for a week. Although, that is never the case in my house because they are gone within a day!
Makes 13 cookies
- 2 cups hazelnuts (peeled if possible)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp fiber syrup (honey or maple syrup can be used as well)
- zest 1/2 orange
For The Ganache:
- 1/2 bar of dark chocolate (about 50 grams)
- STEP 1. If you can’t find roasted hazelnuts then preheat oven to 350 F. Roast hazelnuts for 10 minutes. If they are not peeled then remove the shells and let them cool completely. They can be made a day before.
- STEP 2. Add the cooled hazelnuts to a food processor with coconut oil. Pulse for 2-3 minutes until it forms a creamy hazelnut butter.
- STEP 3. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- STEP 4. Line a large plate with parchment paper and form egg shaped cookies. The mixture will form around 13 small egg shaped cookies. Place the cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- STEP 5. Melt the chocolate and dip the cooled cookies in chocolate so that only half of the cookie is covered. Place back in the refrigerator and enjoy cold.
Tools for this recipe: