Ever since I shared my grandma’s famous spanakopita recipe, I have received so many requests to create a gluten free or lower carb one. Well, I finally did and it turned out absolutely incredible! The crepes that I used are zero carbs, gluten free and made from egg and cauliflower. They are super thin and I have made so many different recipes with them, including the spinach and mushroom savory crepe cake. Due to the fact that they are a bit difficult to find, I recommend that you buy a bunch and store them in the freezer. I even brought a few packs with me to Greece! If you aren’t able to purchase these egg thins, make your own crepes by using the batter from this recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large pack Crepini crepes
- STEP 1. Whisk 3 of the eggs in a bowl and save the 3rd egg in a separate small bowl for the topping.
- STEP 2. Combine the Greek yogurt, baking soda and feta, and mix.
- STEP 3. Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the spinach and leek, until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool. Once it has cooled mix with the eggs and feta.
- STEP 4. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 5. Lightly grease a round baking pan with butter. Add one crepini crepe and lightly grease with butter. Top with another crepini crepe and spread a thin layer of the spinach egg and feta mixture.
- STEP 6. Repeat step 4 until you finish the spinach mixture. Leave the last crepe plain. In a small bowl, mix the left over egg and spread it on top of the final plain crepe.
- STEP 7. Bake on 400 F or 200 C for 25 minutes, until golden on top. Serve with tomatoes and plain yogurt.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: