This is a very simple appetizer that can be used as an afternoon snack too. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare! I love creating healthier alternatives to not-so-healthy meals. This mini eggplant pizza is super delicious and low in carbs. In this recipe, you can use a silicone baking sheet mat which doesn’t require any oil. I love cooking with them because they are easy to clean, save money on parchment paper/ cooking spray & you end up consuming less calories!
Mini Eggplant Pizza
- 2 medium eggplant
- Extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese (I like to use Miyoko’s)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- chili flakes and fresh basil to garnish
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. Cut the ends off of the eggplant. Slice the eggplant into 1 inch thick circles and place on paper towels.
- STEP 3. Line a baking dish with a silicone baking sheet and place the eggplant over on top. Bake the eggplant for 10 minutes, until tender and take out of the oven.
- STEP 4. In a small bowl, mix the tomato sauce and garlic. Top each eggplant circle with a tablespoon of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, oregano and garnish with chili flakes and chopped basil.
- STEP 5. Bake the eggplant pizzas for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.