This recipe used to be a favorite of mine growing up. My mom and I decided to share our family recipe with all of you Healthy with Nedi readers because it is SO good! This homemade meatloaf is super tender and juicy. Serve it with baby spinach salad and a side of broccoli mash.
Nutritional Info: 208 calories, 21g protein, 7g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g net carbs, 11g fat
For The Meat Mix:
- 1/2 lb. lean grass-fed beef
- 1/2 lb. lean pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
For The Filling:
- 2 boiled eggs, cut into 4 wedges
- 2-3 kosher dill pickles, cut into stripes
- 5 baby carrots, steamed
For The Broccoli Mash:
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- STEP 2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the meat mix. Knead everything well.
- STEP 3. In a sauce pan, steam the carrots for a few minutes, until soft. Boil the eggs in a separate pan for 8-10 minutes and peel carefully.
- STEP 4. Place aluminum foil over flat surface. Spread the minced meat into rectangle, 1/2 inch thick. Starting from the long edge of the spread minced meat arrange in a row the carrots, eggs and pickles. Roll tight with the foil to seal well. Make sure the seal is facing towards the bottom and discard the foil. Place on a baking tray, add a little water to cover almost half way through and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- STEP 5. Steam broccoli and mash in a blender with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- STEP 6. Remove meatloaf from the oven, let cool a bit and sliceinto wheels. Serve with broccoli mash.
Tools/Products Used In Recipe: