A very simple, yet delicious and nutritious salad that is perfect for the holidays. The spinach is low in carb and high in insoluble fiber. The type of fiber that adds bulk as food passes through the digestive system which prevents constipation. The avocado is packed with healthy fats, fiber and has more potassium than a banana. Pomegranate seeds are a great way to add color and extra nutrients to salads. The punicalagins (antioxidant) in pomegranate have been shown to reduce inflammation, making it an excellent fruit to add to your diet. If vegan – remove the egg and goat cheese. Add in plant based feta and enjoy!
Baby Spinach Salad
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp roasted walnuts, chopped
For The Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, avocado and toss. Top with goat cheese, boiled eggs, pomegranate and walnuts.
- STEP 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and enjoy!
Tools/Products Used For Recipe