Dark chocolate is know for its antioxidants,which helps to support heart health. This is a healthy alternative to dessert, and it can be really fun to make with the kids. Once you spread the melted chocolate on a baking tray, let them be in charge of decorating the bark with their favorite toppings.
Nutty Chocolate Bark
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 2 tbsp cranberries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Place chocolate in a wide bowl and set aside. Place all of the nuts on a cookie sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes, careful not to burn.
- 3. Place chocolate over a double boiler and melt completely.
- 4. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle on the toasted nuts and the remaining of ingredients.
- 5. Place in refrigerator to cool and harden for 30 minutes. When solid, cut into pieces and serve.