I used to love donuts when I was a little girl but completely cut them out of my diet when I began my health journey. The best thing about following a healthy lifestyle is that I get to recreate recipes and make them with a healthier twist. Unlike other alternatives to wheat flour, almond flour is moist, delicious, NUTRITIOUS, and easy to use! When it comes to baking with almond flour, the finer the grind, the better your baked goods will turn out. These paleo donuts are so delicious, enjoy!
Paleo Chocolate Donuts
Makes 6 donuts
- 1 and 1/4 cups sifted almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 1 tsp monkfuit sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
For The Ganache:
- ½ bar dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- STEP 2. In a large bowl, sift the almond flour using a fine mesh strainer. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- STEP 3. Lightly grease the donut molds with cooking spray. Pour in the mixture evenly into the forms.
- STEP 4. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- STEP 5. Set the donuts aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- STEP 6. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small pan over low heat and transfer to a glass bowl. Dip the donuts in the ganache on one side and place on a cooking rack.
Tools/Products Used In This Recipe: