What makes this particular butternut squash so special is the sweet maple vinaigrette – I am positive you will be licking the bowl afterward! The combination of arugula and pomegranate add a little crunch that pairs so well with the roasted squash. This salad can be served on its own or accompanied by a juicy steak or grilled fish.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 1/2 cup trail mix (I used raw cashews, pistachios, cacao nibs, goji berries, raisins & dried white mulberries)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For Maple Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- STEP 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread coconut oil over it. Cut squash into small pieces and place on top of the sheet. Drizzle with honey and cinnamon. Roast the squash for 40 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 3. In the meanwhile, wash arugula and place in serving bowl.
- STEP 4. Combine all of the ingredients for the maple vinaigrette and mix in a small glass bowl. Set aside.
- STEP 5. Take squash out of oven and transfer to a heated skillet with coconut oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and caramelize for 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 6. Add squash to the serving bowl with arugula. Top with trail mix, pomegranate and maple vinaigrette.