Keep the party going with this robust, roasted-red pepper spread. This is one of my mom’s specialties and party favorites. Serve the sweet and smoky hummus with vegetable crudités, flax crackers or on the side with grilled chicken.
Roasted Pepper Hummus
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish
- STEP 1. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- STEP 2. Serve in a bowl with vegetable crudités or crackers. Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with olive oil.