This is a beautiful salad to serve during a dinner party that will impress your guests. It is very colorful and flavorful. It is a low calorie dish, that is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. To save time, roast the peppers from the night before so the next day you can prepare the dish much quicker. Sweet Italian or cubanelle peppers can be used in this recipe.
Roasted Peppers with Garlic
- 3 cubanelle green peppers
- 3 cubanelle red peppers
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- STEP 1. Grill peppers on an outside grill and set aside to cool. If you don’t have a grill, preheat oven to 500 F. Place the peppers in a baking pan and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skin is wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them around while roasting. Remove pan from the oven and cover with foil. Set aside for 20-30 minutes, until the peppers cool off.
- STEP 2. Peel the peppers, discard the stems and seeds. Slice peppers in long stripes, about two inches each.
- STEP 3. Line the peppers in a plate by alternating the green and red peppers. Sprinkle with salt, grate the garlic over them and spread out the chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Serve cold.