I love roasting fruits and vegetables in the colder winter months. There is something so comforting about it and the aroma that carries throughout the house makes the entire atmosphere totally cozy! For my vegan readers, substitute the crème fraîche with coconut ice-cream and enjoy!
Roasted Juicy Plums
- 6 plums, pitted and cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp fiber gold syrup
- 1 tbsp thyme
- crème fraîche or coconut ice-cream
- macadamia nuts, chopped
- STEP 1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- STEP 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine plums, coconut oil and syrup in a bowl. Toss well to coat.
- STEP 3. Arrange plums on the baking sheet and lightly sprinkle thyme over the top. Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes, until the plums soften and release their juices.
- STEP 4. Remove from pan and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- STEP 5. Serve in a glass cup with crème fraîche or coconut ice-cream for vegans, cinnamon and chopped macadamia nuts.