These kelp noodles are phenomenal! I absolutely love pasta but to maintain a fit figure, I can’t eat it all the time. Instead, I like to find ways to get creative and make pasta-like dishes. These kelp noodles topped with shrimp are the perfect way to satisfy that pasta craving, without all the carbs! They have only 1g of carb and are a great source of calcium and iron.
Shrimp Scampi with Kelp Noodles
- 1 package of kelp noodles
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 10 large shrimps
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Wash kelp noodles in cold water and trim them with kitchen scissors. Soak noodles in a large bowl filled with water and the juice of half a lemon for 24 hours in the fridge. Soaking them overnight will allow them to become more tender. Drain water right before you are ready to cook.
- STEP 2. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a minute.
- STEP 3. Add the shrimp and sauté for a minute. Add the white wine, lemon juice, chili flakes, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and turn off heat. Add the kelp noodles and stir until well combined.
- STEP 4. Serve with Parmesan cheese and extra chili flakes if you like it spicy.