This is simple yet delicate dish that I love making for summer dinner parties. The fresh mint adds divine flavor to the fish! To save time, make the purée ahead of time, and just sear the fish just before serving.
Seared Halibut With Fava Purée
- 2 four ounce halibut fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- STEP 1. Season the halibut on both sides with salt and pepper.
- STEP 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the mint and olive oil.
- STEP 3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium to high heat. Place the halibut fillets in the pan and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Flip the halibut, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to flake.
- STEP 4. Transfer to a plate and top each fillet with the mint dressing.
- STEP 5. Serve halibut with fava purée and lemon wedges. Enjoy!