My mom is famous for this dish! I just tweaked a bit to make it more Nedi approved. Instead of frying the zucchini, I prefer to grill it and serve the garlic sauce on the side. If you are vegan or dairy free, try this recipe with my vegan tzatziki! This way everyone can have as much or as little of the dairy as they prefer. It is a really delicious side dish that can be enjoyed all year around.
Grilled Zucchini with Garlic Yogurt
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in circles
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Sauce:
- 5 tbsp Siggi’s plain yogurt (Dairy free yogurt may be used too)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- STEP 1. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- STEP 2. Brush zucchini with olive oil and season with seasonings on each side.
- STEP 3. Arrange zucchini in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until tender.
- STEP 4. Place zucchini in a plate over a paper towel to soak up any access oil/water.
- STEP 5. In a glass bowl, mix yogurt, garlic, dill and salt. Spread the mixture evenly over zucchini and serve warm or cold.