This recipe will feed you for days. The potatoes and chicken are cooked slowly in a deep, rich, spicy sauce. The chicken will become so tender and the mixture of spices create a distinct taste that is wonderful on its own or served over rice.
Slow Cooked Israeli Chicken
- 4 organic chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp consomme
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 20 baby potatoes
- STEP 1. Boil water in tea kettle.
- STEP 2. Place all the spices, including tomato paste in a mixing bowl. Add the hot water and mix very well.
- STEP 3. Place chicken in the spice marinade for a minute while you chop the onion and zucchini.
- STEP 4. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Take the chicken out of the marinade and place in between the onion and zucchini.
- STEP 5. Add baby potatoes to the remaining of the spice mixture and mix well. Place potatoes and the remaining of the marinade in the pan and cook on high heat for about 7-8 minutes. Add one cup of warm water if it is too thick.
- STEP 6. Cover with a lid and bring the heat down to low. Cook for 2.5 – 3 hours. The longer it cooks, the better. The chicken will literary fall apart.