My diet is about balance and choosing the most nutritious choices, but I do like to live a little and have my bread on occasion! The good news is, healthy doesn’t mean flavorless. This bagel is so delicious, made with Greek yogurt instead of the typical fattening cream cheese most bagel shops use. The thickness and creaminess of the yogurt give the same taste without all the fat! You don’t have to feel deprived when you embrace in clean eating, you just need to swap out a few ingredients for a deeply delicious meal! I have all of my clients hooked on this, would love to hear what you guys think about it in the comments below.
Smoked Salmon Bagel
- 1/2 ezekiel bagel (can be gluten free)
- 2 tbsp Kite Hill vegan cream cheese
- 1 slice tomato
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tsp red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- STEP 1. Toast the bagel and top with cream cheese, sliced tomato, smoked salmon, red onion and capers.
- STEP 2. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over salmon.