My mom used to fry these potato spinach fritters for dinner parties and we’ve decided to healthify the recipe by baking these bad boys. They taste incredible when dipped into my VEGAN tzatziki! You will be licking your fingers, they are that yummy.
Spinach Potato Fritters
Makes 6 servings
- 2 red potatoes, peeled and cut in circles
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 packet organic spinach, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- sea salt and pepper
- STEP 1. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and add the potatoes. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until soft.
- STEP 2. In a skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and add the green onions, sauté for 30 seconds and add the spinach for another 30 seconds, until wilted. Put aside and cool.
- STEP 3. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- STEP 4. Drain the potato water and mash.
- STEP 5. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, feta cheese, egg, cooked spinach, 2 tbsp of olive oil, almond flour, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly grease. Form even size balls and drizzle a touch of olive oil on top.
- STEP 7. Bake on 450 F for 20 minutes, and broil for 5 until they become golden brown.