Recently, I have been avoiding cow’s milk dairy and have been getting creative in the kitchen. I love tzatziki, it is something I grew up eating weekly and I was devastated when I found out I had to avoid it. Anyways, last night I experimented with a coconut yogurt and the recipe turned out incredible. All of my guests couldn’t believe that the tzatziki they tried was dairy free, so I wanted to share this recipe with you! I used So Delicious unsweetened coconut yogurt which has only 1 gram of sugar and a slight hint of coconut.
- 2 (5 oz.) containers unsweetened coconut milk (I used So Delicious)
- 2 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp za’atar (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- STEP 1. In a large glass bowl, mix all of the ingredients.
- STEP 2. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with some gluten-free flakers or cauliflower thins!
Products For This Recipe