I created this light version of tuna tartare for the F-Factor x Healthy With Nedi Step 1 Recipe Ebook. Each serving of tuna tartare contains 246 calories, 20 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. It is the perfect dish to serve at a dinner party and impress your guests. For more F-Factor Step 1 Recipes, CLICK HERE.
- 6 oz. sushi grade tuna
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and finely diced
- 1/2 Persian cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 green onions, finely diced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp organic tamari
- 1 tsp fiber gold syrup
- 2 tbsp fish roe
- STEP 1. Thaw out the sushi grade tuna and cut it into small cubes.
- STEP 2. Finely dice the avocado, cucumber, jalapeño, and green onion and add to a mixing bowl. Add sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, lemon juice and sea salt.
- STEP 3. In a glass bowl, mix the ginger, tamari, remaining of sesame oil, and fiber syrup. Add in the tuna and mix well.
- STEP 4. Place a metal plating ring on a serving plate, scoop half of the tuna into it, and add half of the avocado mixture on top. Slowly press it out so it forms a nice round circle. Repeat this with the second plate. Top the tuna tartare with fish roe.