These are the fluffiest and most delicious pancakes that I have ever tasted. I love experimenting with ways to healthify recipes and this turned out better than I could imagine. Aloha’s vanilla protein powder is plant based, high in omega-3’s, magnesium, iron and has 18g of protein per serving! These pancakes will fill you up without filling you out. Make sure to separate the egg whites from the yolks and follow the steps below to ensure they turn out super fluffy. Enjoy!
Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Makes 8 small pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 scoops Aloha vanilla protein
- 2 tbsp grass-fed Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- STEP 1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place the egg whites in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 2. Place the egg yolks in a food processor. Add banana, vanilla protein, yogurt, baking powder and cinnamon to the food processor. Pulse for a few seconds until blended. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3. Using a hand mixer start mixing the egg whites on low and slowly increase the speed. Add a pinch of salt. Continue mixing for about 5 minutes until the egg whites are white and fluffy.
- STEP 4. Fold in the fluffy egg whites to the bowl of protein mixture. Do not over mix so they remain nice and fluffy.
- STEP 5. Lightly grease a skillet with coconut oil and cook pancakes over low heat for 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- STEP 6. Serve pancakes with berries, coconut flakes and maple syrup.